Wednesday, October 28, 2009

About me

Good evening.

Tonight, as I write my first post, I am going to pretend I am a child, with a crowd of fellow children gathered around me waiting for me to tell them a story. Bear with me please. I realize you may not be a child. You may even be a great deal older. But if I am to find the courage to write anything, if I am not going to run away from the screen right now and hide, this is a game I must play. Humor me.

I like children because children like stories, and they especially like good stories. Good stories are one thing I am about.
Children also like life, and making mud pies, and eating cookies. They also have been known to throw tantrums, and rage at the world, and make spectacles of themselves. Spectacles and mud I could not avoid if I tried.

To those of you who are children, I hope you may find some of what I say interesting, and would advise you to plug your ears to the rest. To those of you who are not children, I would simply ask that you try to become one. This is the heart of life. It is also what I am about.

No comments:

Post a Comment